Enrich Your Life - Become a Volunteer!
Volunteers are vital to operations at the Hayward Animal Shelter. There are many ways you can help us humanely care for and place the more than 3700 animals that come through the shelter each year.
Here are some of the ways you can volunteer:
- socialize and play with cats & rabbits
- walk the dogs
- take photos and videos of adoptable animals
- attend adoption events with the animals
- list animals on web sites for adoptable pets
- help clean cages and feed the animals
- pet grooming
- participate in community events
- contribute to the Shelter’s newsletter
- help with fund raising activities
- Social media and website building
- transport animals to local SPCA's and rescue groups
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPENINGS IN KENNEL SUPPORT.
For more information, go to www.hayward-ca.gov . Alternatively you can stop by the shelter, or just give us a call at (510) 293-7200.
To apply, you must be at least 18 years old. Attend an orientation to learn more about our program and obtain a volunteer application. All applicants must undergo a background check. Volunteers must be able to volunteer a minimum of 10 hours a month and commit to staying with the program for at least one year.
Without our volunteers, many shelter pets would never find a new, loving home. Come join us!